COVID-19 LIVE DATA UPDATE
About Corona Virus Desease
This new virus and disease were unknown before the outbreak began in Wuhan, China, in December 2019. COVID-19 is now a pandemic affecting many countries globally.
- How does COVID-19 spread?
he disease spreads primarily from person to person through small droplets from the nose or mouth, which are expelled when a person with COVID-19 coughs, sneezes or speaks.
- Can COVID-19 be caught from a person who has no symptoms?
COVID-19 is mainly spread through respiratory droplets expelled by someone who is coughing or has other symptoms such as fever or tiredness. Many people with COVID-19 experience only mild symptoms. This is particularly true in the early stages of the disease. It is possible to catch COVID-19 from someone who has just a mild cough and does not feel ill.
- What does it mean to self-isolate?
Self-isolation is when a person who is experiencing fever, cough or other COVID-19 symptoms stays at home and does not go to work, school or public places. This can be voluntarily or based on his/her health care provider’s recommendation.
Step To Help Prevent The Spread of COVID-19 If You Are Sick
You can reduce your chances of being infected or spreading COVID-19 by taking some simple precautions:
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands.
- Maintain at least 1-metre distance between yourself and others.
- Avoid going to crowded places.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene.
- Stay home and self-isolate even with minor symptoms such as cough, headache, mild fever, until you recover.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention, but call by telephone in advance if possible.
- Keep up to date on the latest information from trusted sources, such as WHO or your local and national health authorities.